Why is it that most people quit exercising? For every excuse, we'll give you a reason why dancing is the answer.
- First thing: Time. There's not enough of it. How is it possible to squeeze another thing into an already over-extended schedule? Just dance! You can dance in the shower, while you're getting dressed, or even while you're doing housework. Dancing is one of the best multi-tasking exercises. For those with a busy schedule, killing two birds with one stone is a must.
- Second thing: Money. Dancing is free. Need I say more?
- Third thing: Bad weather. Weather is always excuse for not exercising. It's too cold. It's too hot. It's raining. Weather is never an excuse for dancing. (Even Gene Kelly knew that singing in the rain could be fun.)
- Fourth thing: Bored. Dancing is a spirit lifter, and there are so many types of dances to choose from that you can't get bored. Ballroom dancing, disco, two-step, waltz, freestyle, hip-hop, line dancing, tango - the possibilities are endless, and there's something for everyone.
- Fifth thing: Tired. According to WebMD in a quote by nutritionist Samantha Heller, MS, RD, "Contrary to popular belief, exercising doesn't make you tired -- it literally creates energy in your body. Your body rises up to meet the challenge for more energy by becoming stronger." Dancing is exercising, therefore, dancing will create energy for you if you take the initiative to just get the ball rolling.
- Sixth thing: Self-conscious. Everyone is worried about how they look and dancing can be intimidating. We've all seen how graceful or sexy dancers can look, and we want to measure up. You can benefit from dancing in the privacy of your home. Just let loose and have fun. You still burn calories and get that heart rate up even if you're not light on your feet. If, however, you want to dazzle any potential spectators, take lessons, which leads us to Excuse #7.
- Seventh thing: I don't know how. Adult dance lessons are a great way to learn how to dance while meeting new people. What better investment than your health - especially if it's for a hobby you can enjoy for a lifetime. (Plus, it will help with #6 until you get your moves down.)
- Eight thing: No exercise partner. While dancing with a partner is more fun, it's not required. Dancing alone can lift your spirits. Get enough practice, and you'll be ready to venture out to a real dance floor to get your groove on in no time. But until then, even the great rocker Billy Idol knew the benefits of Dancing With Yourself...
"Well there's nothing to lose, And there's nothing to prove, I'll be dancing with myself."
- Ninth thing: Not worth it. Did you know that when you are sedentary for over 20 minutes that you suffer physiological changes within your muscles? Fat stops being broken up in the blood stream and begins to accumulate in your liver, heart, and brain. It is recommended that every 20 minutes you get up and move for about two minutes. What could be more fun than dancing and if longevity isn't worth it, then what is?
To talk more about this, or anything else, please Contact Us. Thanks.