Did You Know About the Health Benefits of Ballroom Dancing?
For some people, watching a dancing reality show like "So You Think You Can Dance" or "Dancing with the Stars" is the closest they get to dance. But what they don't realize is dancing is an activity that doesn't have to be out of reach. You don't have to be in great shape, you don't have to be young, and you don't even need to have a dance background to enjoy ballroom dance. The truth is ballroom dance has a number of health benefits for anyone, not to mention it is so fun to do! If you are looking for a way to become move active and you don't like the more traditional forms of exercise, ballroom dance could be the activity for you. Here are some of the health benefits of ballroom dance, according to an article from the Better Health Channel.
Physical Health Benefits
- Dancing improves the health of your heart and lungs
- Dancing strengthens muscles and increases endurance
- Dancing increases muscle tone
- Dancing increases bone strength, therefore decreasing your risk of osteoporosis
- Dancing helps with balance, coordination, and flexibility
As if these physical health benefits weren't enough, there are also many mental benefits to ballroom dance.
Mental Health Benefits
- Dancing increases self-confidence and self-esteem
- Dancing helps your social skills grow
- Dancing improves psychological wellbeing
- Dancing improves mental functioning
As you can see, there are so many health benefits to ballroom dancing. If you want to begin or continue in your fitness journey by taking ballroom lessons or joining us for social dances at Quick Quick Slow Ballroom Dance Studio, contact us today.